Monday, November 17, 2008

That's How It Starts

LCD Soundsystem, the brainchild of James Murphy, is an American music who have created their own brand of rock and roll that mixes house beats and Synthezizers with distorted and live percussion. Their music can be described as "Dance Punk" and contains lyrics that describe wild parties ("Dance Punk is Playing At My House") to ironic, deadpan description of the club scene ("Losing My Edge"). LCD Soundsytem can be considered one of the first bands in the Dance Punk Genre.

But a
fter the release of their second album, "The Sound of Silver", LCD hit a new creative peak with a move to darker. Gone where the stories of wild house parties and in its place more mature subject matter. This change can be seen in the song "All my Friends", a six minute existantial meditation on life, growing old and regrets told over a throbbing repetition of a distorted guitar, dynamic bassline and jangly keyboard.

The song "All My Friends" serves as the main point of my blog. Throughout my posts I while give an analysis of the song lyrics through reasearch on the musicians history, choice of lyrics and the blog authors on personal opinion.

No comments: